- Main Tasks
Innovative Migraine Treatment
- Original Developer : CoLucid Pharmaceuticals (acquired by Lilly in Jan 2017)
- Mechanism of Action : A 5-HT1F (serotonin) ditan drug for the treatment of acute migraines.
- Features : Whereas conventional triptan drugs are associated with cardiovascular contraction due to the actions of 5-HT1B,D as one of their side effects, Lasmiditan differs in that it acts quickly with minimal side effects. (an alternative treatment for migraine sufferers diagnosed with or at the risk of developing a cardiovascular disease)
- Schedule : License application in 2018 (tentative)
- Licensing : Completed in 2013, distribution rights in South Korea and eight ASEAN countries.
Targeted Agent (IDX-1197)
Personalized Tumor Treatment through Inhibition of the PARP-1 Protein
- A targeted anticancer drug that prevents the survival and maintenance of cancer by inhibiting the damage-recovery system of cancer cells (PARP1).
- Proven superior anticancer properties against HRD-related ovarian cancer, pancreatic cancer, breast cancer, and prostate cancer.
- Patents: Patents filed in 14 countries (US, Europe, Russia, China, and Japan). Patent registration completed in Australia.
- Best in Class (cf. AstraZeneca “Lynparza” (Ingredient: Olaparib))
Targeted Agent (IDX-11774)
Global Out-Licensing of HIF Control Agent
- Suppresses hypoxia-inducible factors, which promote the formation and metastasis of cancer.
- Powerful synergistic effects when administered concurrently with a immunotherapy cancer drug.
- Effectively suppresses the growth and metastasis of tumors in the large intestines, kidneys, lungs, and other organs.
- First in Class (first HIF-targeting agent, oral administration)
Next-Gen Eye Disease Treatment
- A safe, Lucentis-based biobetter.
- Possibility of increased efficacy, resistance elimination, and improved patient convenience through fusion of functional peptides.
- Possible to administer on patients who are resistant to or do not respond to Lucentis and possible to expand indication to include diabetic retinopathy.
- Possibility of future development as eye drops through formulation improvements confirmed.
New Dual-Target Antibody Cancer Drug
- Avastin-based biobetter.
- Able to treat non-responsive and resistant patients through suppression of various vascular endothelial growth factors and vessel stabilization.
- Reduced dose for lower possibility of side effects and increased cost-effectiveness.
- Potential applications with anticancer drugs whose indications have been revoked due to lack of efficacy.
New Botanical Drug (ID-1201)
New Botanical Drug for Treatment of Alzheimer’s
- Chinaberry extracts proven for the first time to be effective at countering the effects of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Powerful suppression of Alzheimer’s (animal model).
- Overcomes the limitations of single-target treatments (multiple control).
- Alleviation of symptoms and treatment of disease.
- Currently in a phase II clinical study (South Korea).