- Main Tasks
Innovative Migraine Treatment
- Original Developer : CoLucid Pharmaceuticals (acquired by Lilly in Jan 2017)
- Mechanism of Action : A 5-HT1F (serotonin) ditan drug for the treatment of acute migraines.
- Features : Whereas conventional triptan drugs are associated with cardiovascular contraction due to the actions of 5-HT1B,D as one of their side effects, Lasmiditan differs in that it acts quickly with minimal side effects. (an alternative treatment for migraine sufferers diagnosed with or at the risk of developing a cardiovascular disease)
- Schedule : License application in 2018 (tentative)
- Licensing : Completed in 2013, distribution rights in South Korea and eight ASEAN countries.
Targeted Agent (IDX1197)
Personalized Tumor Treatment through Inhibition of the PARP-1 Protein
- A targeted anticancer drug that prevents the survival and maintenance of cancer by inhibiting the damage-recovery system of cancer cells (PARP1).
- Proven superior anticancer properties against HRD-related ovarian cancer, pancreatic cancer, breast cancer, and prostate cancer.
- Patents: Patents filed in 14 countries (US, Europe, Russia, China, and Japan).
- Best in Class (cf. AstraZeneca “Lynparza” (Ingredient: Olaparib))
Next-Gen Eye Disease Treatment
- A safe, Lucentis-based biobetter.
- Possibility of increased efficacy, resistance elimination, and improved patient convenience through fusion of functional peptides.
- Possible to administer on patients who are resistant to or do not respond to Lucentis and possible to expand indication to include diabetic retinopathy.
- Possibility of future development as eye drops through formulation improvements confirmed.
New Dual-Target Antibody Cancer Drug
- Avastin-based biobetter.
- Able to treat non-responsive and resistant patients through suppression of various vascular endothelial growth factors and vessel stabilization.
- Reduced dose for lower possibility of side effects and increased cost-effectiveness.
- Potential applications with anticancer drugs whose indications have been revoked due to lack of efficacy.