- Research Lab
A global and research-centric pharmaceuticals specialist contributing
to the health of humankind
New Drugs, New Values
- New Modified DDS Drugs
- New Modified Drug Combinations
- Drug Repositioning
- Gen II Bio Drugs
- Drugs for Difficult-to-Treat Infectious Diseases
- Anticancer Drugs
- Immunological Disorders of the Skin
Fulfilling Unmet Medical Demands
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Dementia Treatments
Ildong Pharmaceutical’s central research lab in Hwaseong, Gyeonggido is where Ildong Pharmaceutical’s world-class researchers utilize state-of-art research equipment, tools, and facilities to develop new drugs, formulations, and medicinal ingredients.
Since its founding in 1982, our research lab has remained committed to leveraging unrivaled expertise and R&D capacity to realize Ildong Pharmaceutical’s vision of becoming a global and research-centric pharmaceuticals specialist contributing to the health of humankind and, along the way, has made a number of impressive achievements, including development and approval of numerous new drugs.
The research lab is currently working on multiple new-drug tasks targeting resistant bacteria, malignant tumors, Alzheimer’s disease, obesity, and aging and boasts unmatched R&D capacities in fields such as vitamins, lactobacillus bacteria, and antimicrobials. On top of all that, the lab is also expanding its scope to include research and development of health supplements and other functional, non-medicinal products.
Ildong Pharmaceutical will continue to invest heavily in the personnel and the equipment at its central research lab to further expand its R&D capabilities and global competitiveness.
Main Research Fields
Quality system meeting international standards
- New Synthetic Drugs
- Discovery of candidates for new synthetic drugs, for which there exist a high unmet medical need and a high demand by global developers to acquire related technologies thereof, and further developing those candidates into new drugs. (Use of open-innovation and molecular-modeling research techniques)
- New Bio Drugs
- Research and development of new bio drugs based on therapeutic antibodies and recombinant proteins, research on production of proteins through cultivation of animal cells and microbial fermentation, and research on optimal conditions for separating and purifying target proteins.
- New Botanical Drugs
- Discovery of medicinal benefits of plants and development of those benefits into drugs, health supplements, and functional ingredients.
- Synthetic Ingredients
- Research and development of high-added-value medicinal ingredients and complex and specialized medicinal ingredients through the use of advanced synthesis technologies.
- Microbial Ingredients
- Research and development of high-added-value bio materials (pharmaceuticals, functional health foods, food ingredients, and cosmetics ingredients) derived from microorganisms.
- Modified Drugs
- Research on modified drugs with a different base, modified combination drugs combining two or more ingredients, and modified drugs with a new formulation (slow-releasing drugs, patches, etc.).
- Research and development of products for demonstrating the bioequivalence of ingredients or compositions of patent-expired original drugs.